If you have extra vodka lying around that you want to use up in a creative way, try soaking fruity gummy worms in it, for a fun and delicious twist on a classic candy. The alcohol adds grown-up appeal to a children's favourite.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Gummy worms
- Glass dish
- Cling film
- Rubber band
Empty the bag of gummy worms into the glass bowl. Separate and layer the worms so they are spaced out. This will give the worms more room to soak up the vodka. Do not overfill the bowl: you need to allow for the space that the vodka will take up.
Pour the vodka into the dish of gummy worms. Allow the vodka to coat all of the worms. For a stronger vodka taste, fill the entire bowl up with vodka. For a weaker vodka taste, just fill the bowl to cover the gummy worms (the worms will absorb whatever amount of vodka you put in). Use tongs to mix the gummy worms and vodka, allowing each worm to be evenly covered in vodka.
Cover the bowl with cling film, ensuring that the cling film does not touch the vodka. Secure the cling film with a rubber band around the bowl. Place the bowl in the refrigerator for five days, to allow the marinating process to complete.
Remove the bowl from the refrigerator after five days, and remove the cling film. The gummy worms are ready to be consumed when they have swollen to a larger size. Remove the gummy worms from the bowl, and place them on a plate for serving.
Tips and warnings
- Use fruit gummy worms rather than sour gummy worms to allow for better flavour.
- Either gummy worms or gummy bears may be used.
- Use the same caution in eating vodka-soaked gummy worms as you would in drinking an alcoholic beverage.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for