Foam core provides an alternative to heavy, cumbersome picture frames. Logos and signage printed onto a piece of foam core are mountable directly to a wall. With the proper supplies, mounting your new image is simple.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Fome core metal hanger
- Craft knife
Press a foam core metal hanger into the top, back centre of your picture. Foam core is weak enough that the pressure from your finger should be enough to push the hook into place.
Hammer a nail into the wall where your picture will hang.
Place the foam core against the wall so the hook catches the nail. Adjust accordingly to ensure evenness.
Carve a small notch with a craft knife into the back, top centre of your foam board, taking care not to puncture through to the other side. Make the notch slightly larger than a nail head.
Hammer a nail into the wall.
Line the notch up with the nail head so it goes in, mounting the board onto the wall.
Tips and warnings
- Most foam board pictures are light enough that only one hole or hook is necessary. If you have a very large piece, use two hooks or notches on opposite top corners of the foam board.
- To ensure your foam core picture stays in position, place sticky tack in the corners and press it to the wall. This material helps it to stick to the wall without ruining paint or wallpaper.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for