The Nissan Murano is a mid-sized SUV that has been in production since the 2003 model year. As an added convenience, Nissan Muranos are equipped with a keyless entry system that allows you to operate the power locks from up to 33 feet away. The factory-installed battery in your Nissan keyless entry fob is designed to last for only a year. Changing the battery is a simple repair that can be done at home in just one to two minutes.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Plastic guitar pick
- CR2025 battery
Insert a plastic guitar pick into the seam where the two halves of the keyless entry fob meet. Work the pick back and forth until the fob opens and the halves separate.
Remove the battery from the fob's battery compartment. Insert a new CR2025 battery. Make sure that the "+" side of the battery is facing up in the battery compartment.
Line up the two halves of the keyless entry fob. Squeeze them between your fingers until they snap together.
Test the fob to ensure that it is working correctly after the battery change. Press any button on the fob to lock or unlock the doors of your Nissan Murano.
Tips and warnings
- The tip of an optical-sized flathead screwdriver can be used to open the Nissan Murano keyless entry fob if you don't have a plastic guitar pick.
- The battery replacement instructions for Nissan Murano keyless entry fobs may vary slightly by model. Contact a Nissan dealer or service centre for more information about your vehicle's keyless entry system.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for