SolidWorks is a mechanical design program created for architectural and product drafting. The trial version of SolidWorks contains many of the same features as a full version of SolidWorks, but many features are exclusive to the full version. To upgrade to the full version of the program, you can replace the trial version of SolidWorks with a new installation.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Sign up for an account on the SolidWorks website. You must have an account in order to view application downloads. To sign up, click the "Login" link from the "Downloads" page and then click "Create New Account." Enter an e-mail address, basic address information and a password for your account. Login to your account.
Click the "Downloads" link to view the SolidWorks downloads available. Download a full version of SolidWorks by pulling down the menu next to "Select Version." Choose the version of SolidWorks that you want to download and then click the "Download" button. Enter your shipping and billing information on the subsequent pages to pay for the download and bring up the download link.
Click the download link for the version of SolidWorks that you want to install to your computer. On most systems, the SolidWorks download automatically saves into your system's "Downloads" folder.
Uninstall the trial version of SolidWorks. To uninstall the trail version, first go to the "Start" menu, click "Control Panel" and click "Uninstall a program." Then, scroll to the "SolidWorks" entry in the program list, right-click the entry and choose "Uninstall."
Return to the "Start" menu once you have uninstalled SolidWorks and click "Computer." Double-click the "C:" drive, the "Program Files" folder, right-click the "SolidWorks" folder and choose "Delete" to remove the folder from the drive.
Install the full version of SolidWorks to your computer. Double-click the icon for the program in the "Downloads" folder and follow the directions on the screen.
Tips and warnings
- When the trial version of SolidWorks is uninstalled from your computer, the settings keys for the program remain in the registry and will run with the new version. So, any customisations you made to the trial version of the program will work in the full version. If you prefer to return the program to its original settings, you can delete the registry keys. Go to the Windows registry editor by going to "Start," typing "regedit" in the search box and pressing "Enter," or by going to "Start," "All Programs," "Accessories," "Run," and pressing "Enter." Then, go to "HKEY_CURRENT USER," "SOFTWARE," right-click the "SolidWorks" key and choose "Delete."
- The SolidWorks website generally offers the last three versions of the product for download.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for