The HP Compaq 6820S computer has a built-in recovery partition. When it stops functioning properly, you can use the "Chkdsk" utility to fix any errors on the partition. This process takes around an hour to finish, but once it is done, you will have your Compaq 6820S' recovery partition working without a problem.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Click the "Start" button, which is the blue button in the bottom-left corner of the desktop.
Click "Computer." Inside this folder, right-click the recovery partition and click "Properties."
Click the "Tools" tab. Click the "Check now" button.
Check the "Fix file errors" box and click "Start."
Tips and warnings
- Use Chkdsk on a cyclic redundancy error.
- Turning the Compaq 6820S off while the scan is in progress will corrupt the hard drive.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for