Winter jackets are made to withstand harsh winter weather. Unfortunately, due to uncontrollable circumstances, they often they get torn and ripped. Thankfully there are a few small steps that can be taken to get your jacket back to a wearable condition without breaking the bank.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Fabric glue
- Paper towel
- Piece of paper or cardboard
Place a piece of paper or cardboard underneath the tear, making sure that there is nothing between the tear and the paper piece.
Line up the tear as closely as possible, making it virtually invisible. This will ensure that the jacket retains the same quality that it had prior to the tear.
Place a dime size of fabric glue along the tear. Lightly smooth the glue out with a paper towel, removing any excess glue. Allow for the glue to dry as directed by the packaging of your chosen fabric glue.
Tips and warnings
- Large or complicated tears are best to be taken to a professional seamstress.
- Work in a well ventilated area when using strong fabric glues.
- Use glue sparingly, a little will go a long way and ensure a cleaner look.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for