Use a Slush Mug to turn a boring drink into a fantastic frozen beverage. The Original Slush Mug by Glacierware Manufacturing is designed to freeze cold liquids into an icy slush in about five minutes. The Slush Mug is easy to clean and you can reuse it over and over after a recharge in the freezer. Make custom flavour variations of the frozen treat by varying the proportions of some of your favourite sodas and juices.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- 1 1/2 cups beverage (no artificial sweeteners)
- Plastic spoon
- Drinking straw (optional)
- Glass (optional)
Clean the Slush Mug and white Glaciercore insert with liquid dish soap and a soft sponge before its first use. Rinse and dry both parts thoroughly. Place the white Glaciercore insert into the freezer for eight hours or more.
Remove the Glaciercore insert from the freezer and slide it into the Slush Mug.
Pour the drink into the Glaciercore insert.
Scrape the ice crystals from the sides of the insert with a plastic spoon after about one minute. Wait another minute and repeat the process. Continue scraping and breaking up the ice for another two or three minutes or until you are satisfied with the texture.
Eat the icy drink with a spoon or through a straw. Dump the beverage into another glass if it begins to get too solid.
Tips and warnings
- Add a shot of clear alcohol to the mix for a spiked version of the frozen concoction. Any more than two shots of alcohol makes it difficult for the ice to freeze.
- Artificially sweetened drinks do not form the tiny ice crystals that give a frozen drink its drinkable texture.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for