The Cisco Catalyst 2960 Random Access Memory provides the ability to switch among networks within your home or business. It includes features such as network security and virtual private network (VPN) support. To keep your RAM running smoothly, you should upgrade it with the firmware. This firmware installs security patches and bug fixes on your RAM hardware. Since you already have Cisco Catalyst installed, you do not need to reprogram the hardware.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- CISCO Catalyst 2960 firmware
Insert the firmware disc in your computer's drive. Wait for the program to launch on your computer. Alternatively, you can click "Start" and "Computer." Double click the Setup or Install icon.
Read the terms and conditions and click "Agree." Select a destination on your computer's hard drive where you want to save the software. You can save it to your current Cisco Catalyst 2960 folder if you prefer.
Follow the set-up wizard instructions for upgrading the firmware. It will detect if your RAM needs any upgrades. Click "Install" to install the latest upgrades.
Tips and warnings
- Have an Internet connection when upgrading your RAM.
- Periodically check for updates to keep your RAM running smoothly.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for