Fireplaces are synonymous with warmth and romance. Sadly, not all homes are equipped with their own fireplace. But, homeowners do not need to despair. Today, fireplaces are available in kits. Once these kits are assembled, a fireplace can be erected in nearly any room in the home. Placing a fireplace is limited only by safety concerns and an available electrical socket. The proper assembly and placement of an electric fireplace is a moderately easy process. The result is a conversation piece that will keep you warm at any time of the day or night.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Philips head screwdriver
Select the proper location for your electric fireplace. You will need to choose a location that will not interfere with the normal flow of traffic in your home, with drapery or furniture upholstery, and is not susceptible to excessive moisture. Additionally, choose a location that is near an electrical socket so that the electric cord from the electric fireplace can be inserted without being stretched or crimped.
Unpack the electric fireplace and mantle pieces. Use the enclosed parts list to ensure that all pieces are available and that none are missing. The electric fireplace will arrive to you mostly assembled. You will be required to complete the assembly with a Philips screwdriver and included screws.
Locate the fireplace's bifold doors. Remove these doors from their safety packaging.
Use a Philips head screwdriver to remove the Philips head screw and door spacer. These will be found along the bottom edge of each door, opposite of the door handles.
Locate the bottom ledge mounting holes. Insert the door spacers into these holes.
Locate the top door track. Insert the top edge of each bifold door into the track.
Tilt the electric fireplace unit forward slightly. Use a Philips screwdriver and install the included Philips screw into the bifold door from underneath the unit and through the pre-drilled hole.
Install the electric fireplace into the fireplace mantle. Use the included six wing nuts and tighten three wing nuts on each side of the fireplace into the mantle assembly.
Plug the electric fireplace into the electric outlet.
Locate the main on/off switch on the lower right hand corner of the fireplace. Place the switch into the on position. Switch the manual control button into the remote position, or into the farthest left position.
Press and hold in place the unit initialisation button. Press the heat/flame on/off button. Release the initialisation button.
Press the heat/flame button to turn the heat/flame on.
Make any final location adjustments. Sit back, relax, and enjoy your new electric fireplace.
Tips and warnings
- Locate the fireplace in the room where it can be both visually enjoyed and will safely provide ambient heat.
- Use a dedicated electrical socket to operate the electric fireplace, if needed.
- The fireplace can be hot to the touch during its operation.
- Avoid placing the fireplace in high traffic areas during use.
- Keep any combustible materials at least 3 feet away from the fireplace when in use.
- Do not use the fireplace if its cord is frayed, crimped, or otherwise damaged.
- If a dedicated electrical socket is required, and its installation is beyond your scope of expertise, call in a qualified electrician to install one for you.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for