Handmade nature crafts utilise materials found in nature to make items that can be set onto a seasonal table or played with by children. For example, you can pick out of soft thistles that can be collected near your house and transform them into whimsical craft people by altering the thistle down with scissors and glue. Once finished, the thistle people can be placed onto your seasonal nature table during the summer or autumn months when thistles bloom.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- 6 to 12 soft young thistles
Collect five young thistles. Avoid mature thistles that are hard and very sharp. The younger thistles will be soft and supple.
Place two of the thistles together, stem to stem.
Wrap raffia around the stems to secure them together, and tie the raffia tightly.
Attach two more thistles to the bottom thistle with raffia. These will be the legs of the thistle person. Angle the legs out at a 22 degree angle.
Attach two more thistles to the middle of the doll with raffia. These will be the arms of the thistle doll.
Cut off any excess raffia with scissors.
Tips and warnings
- Tie six thistles facing downward around the waist of the thistle person to make a skirt.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for