Professional auto repair and auto bodywork can be costly even when fixing the smallest of imperfections. A dent mars the aesthetic appeal of your car and reduces its overall value. You can save yourself money by repairing dents on your vehicle from home. With a few simple tools and a friend to lend a helping hand, you can repair a dent in your car's bonnet for a fraction of the cost of professional service.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Large rubber mallet
Pop the bonnet latch from inside the car and lift the bonnet up so that the underside of the bonnet is visible.
Have an assistant brace the bonnet so that when you hit it with a rubber mallet, the hinges do not sustain damage.
Tap the centre of the dent repeatedly with the rubber mallet. Begin with light tapping and increase the force of each hit with the mallet until the dent pops out.
Tap the rubber mallet over any remaining deformities in the car's bonnet to finish removing the damage from your car.
Tips and warnings
- This technique can be used to remove a dent in any situation where the back of the panel is accessible.
- If the rubber mallet you have chosen is too small, you will increase the likelihood of creating a new dent in the dent removal process.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for