ASUSTek produces a wide array of motherboards. It sometimes becomes necessary to update the basic input/output system (BIOS) on the motherboard. This is primarily necessary due to system instability that has been solved with later versions of the BIOS software. ASUS provides a utility called the "BIOS Update" utility. Using the most up-to-date version of this utility can ensure proper function of any ASUS motherboard.
- Skill level:
Navigate to the ASUSTek support site. Use the drop-down menus to select your product type, model and operating system.
Select the model of your motherboard and the system that you are using. This will take you to a download screen with the correct version of the ASUS BIOS update utility. Download the utility.
Close all other Windows programs and open the BIOS Update file that you downloaded. The "Driver" menu will appear. Click "Utilities" and select "Install Asus Update."
Tips and warnings
- BIOS updates can cause system instability if not done correctly. Only update the BIOS if necessary and if you have experience doing this.
- Once started, BIOS updates must complete or system instability will result. Ensure that the computer has a constant power supply before starting this process.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for