Cinnamon and vanilla not only taste good to many people, but the scent of cinnamon or vanilla can invoke a warm, comforting feeling. Making your home smell like cinnamon or vanilla is not difficult or expensive. You don't have to resort to chemical deodorisers to make your home have a pleasant, inviting odour, and you don't have to bake pies or make any other dishes to fill your home with a cinnamon or vanilla scent.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Cinnamon sticks
- Cinnamon essential oil
- Cotton balls
- Vanilla extract
Place three to four cinnamon sticks in a pot of water on your hob. Bring the water to a boil.
Turn the burner off after the water has reached a rolling boil. The heat releases the cinnamon stick's fragrance, which will waft through the house.
Re-heat the water when the fragrance dissipates. You can do this several times to keep the cinnamon fragrance strong in the home.
Saturate cotton balls with cinnamon or vanilla essential oil, as suggested by Heloise Hints.
Place the balls on saucers throughout the home. The fragrance should last for a few days.
Replace the saturated cotton balls with new ones once the fragrance wears off.
Tips and warnings
- Do not leave the pot on the stove, with the burner still on, unsupervised. Remember to turn it off after the water has heated to a boil.
- Essential oils are highly concentrated. Keep the cotton balls out of reach of kids and pets in the home. The oils are also flammable, so don't place the balls near flames (such as candles).
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for