Dusting powders add shimmer and colour to cakes, cookies and cake decorations. Shimmer dusting powers are available in different forms. Each type of dust ranges in colour, sheen quality and size. The dusts are nontoxic, and they do not have any flavour. The edible dust simply adds shine to fondant cakes and can be applied dry to chocolates or mixed with an alcohol-based liquid to create a colourful paste that you can use to decorate a fondant cake.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Vodka or clear vanilla extract
- Small artist paintbrush
Place 1/4 tsp of shimmer dust into a bowl.
Add 2 to 3 drops of vodka or vanilla extract. You only need enough for the dust to absorb into the liquid.
Mix the ingredients with a small artist paintbrush.
Paint and decorate the fondant icing already applied to the cake.
Tips and warnings
- Lustre dust is available at craft and candy-making stores.
- Never add water or any other water-based solution to the decorating dust. The dust needs an alcohol-based liquid.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for