The Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400 series of processors are 2.66 GHz CPUs used primarily in desktop computers. CPUs like the Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400 process all of the information and data vital to a computer's successful operation. The speed of the Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400 influences the operating speed of the PC. Overclocking the Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400 speeds up the CPU beyond normal operating limits, providing a boost of speed for both the CPU and computer.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Boot the PC containing the Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400 processor. Enter the boot menu by pressing either "F11" or "F8" (depending on the model of PC). Enter the "BIOS Features Setup" menu.
Select the "External Bus" option. Find "Front Side Bus" in the list and highlight the option to its right. Press enter and raise the value of the entry above the default setting. This speeds up the Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400's front side bus.
Select the "CPU" option. Find "Multiplier" in the list and highlight the option to its right. Press enter and raise the value of the entry above the default setting. This increases the Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400's front side bus frequency.
Press "Save and Quit" and finish the boot process. The Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400 is now overclocked.
Tips and warnings
- If you are going to be away from the computer for long periods of time, reset the overclocking settings in the BIOS menu to prevent heat damage to your system.
- Any warranties associated with your computer may be voided if the CPU is overclocked.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for