The iPhone has several ring settings. For example, you can change the ringtones, set the ringtone to "Vibrate" or adjust the volume of a ringtone. If you can't hear the ringtone when someone calls your iPhone, you can make the phone ring louder by increasing the ring volume. It takes little time to make the iPhone ring louder to avoid missing future calls.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Press the "Home" button, and unlock your iPhone. Slide the "Unlock" button to the right to unlock the phone and access your Home screen.
Tap "Settings" on the Home screen. A list of your iPhone settings will open, including settings for Wi-Fi, e-mail and sounds.
Select "Sounds" from the list of settings. You can view ringtone volume here.
Look at the blue volume bar under the "Ring" section of the Sounds settings, and slide the button on the volume bar to the right to make the iPhone ring louder. The ringtone will play, and you will notice that the noise level increases as you slide the bar to the right.
Press the "Home" button to exit Sounds settings when the volume is loud enough.
Tips and warnings
- You can also press the middle button on the side of the phone to increase the ring volume, but this will also increase volume for songs and videos.
- Make sure your iPhone isn't in Vibrate mode by sliding the top button on the side to the right.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for