Computers have reached a point in time where a fanless PC is possible without sacrificing performance quality. While it is true that CPUs that still require fans are much faster than fanless models, the computers that no longer require fans have more than adequate resources and performance for every day computing, such as checking e-mail, watching videos and browsing the Web. The latest fanless computers even have multi-core CPU technology!
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Mini ITX computer case
- Intel D510MO motherboard / CPU combo
- DDR2 RAM
- Hard drive
- Optical drive (optional)
Attach the Intel D510MO motherboard to the Mini ITX case with screws.
Install the hard drive and optional optical drive to the computer case.
Connect the drives to the motherboard with the SATA cables provided with the motherboard.
Boot the computer and install an operating system, such as Linux or Microsoft Windows.
Tips and warnings
- The Intel D510MO is a motherboard/CPU/VGA combo, meaning the CPU and video card are included with the motherboard.
- The D510MO features an Intel Atom 510 processor, which is a hyper-threaded dual core CPU. It can run four simultaneous threads, which means it acts like a quad-core CPU to the computer and operating system.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for