The sweet, comforting aroma of apples and cinnamon wafting through the house is reminiscent of autumn and the impending holidays. However, baked apple slices can be enjoyed year-round, no matter the season. Use fresh apples that cook perfectly, such as Fuji, Granny Smith, or Golden Delicious, and mix them with cinnamon, sugar and butter to make a warm dessert or side dish.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 4 cups sliced apples
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 stick butter
- 1/2 cup water
Heat oven to 177 degrees Celsius. Peel and slice the apples.
Arrange slices in a 9- by 13-inch baking dish to completely cover the bottom of the dish.
Add water to the baking dish, then sprinkle with cinnamon and salt.
In a large bowl, mix together the sugar, flour and butter until they crumble, then sprinkle the mixture over the apple slices.
Bake until the apples are thoroughly cooked and slightly browned.
Tips and warnings
- If desired, sprinkle the apples with chopped nuts just before it's time to remove the dish from oven.
- Make sure your apples are crisp and fresh. If the apples do not taste good when they are raw, baking them will not make them taste better.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for