The Vita-Mix Blender us a food preparation appliance available for both home and commercial use. It is used to liquefy, purée, chop, knead or blend various types of foods. Food preparation examples including kneading dough and making soup. The Vita-Mix Blender is intended to replace several kitchen appliances that perform similar functions. Repairing the blender at home often requires replacing the unit's brushes, which get worn out over time.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- New Vita-Mix brushes
Double-check the power supply. It might not be working due to the blown fuse, or simply because it is not plugged in correctly connected. If it is not a power issue, then move on to the next step.
Unplug the Vita-Mix Blender to avoid electrical shock and other safety issues. Make sure the switch is in the off position.
Remove the cylindrical base. Do so by unscrewing the four screws that connect it to the rest of the unit.
Unplug the two black brushes by locating the electrical cables (usually blue and white) plugged into them. Unplug the cables and socket screws to disconnect the brushes, and then remove.
Install the new brushes into the unit by plugging them into the electrical cables and tightening the socket screws. Reattach the base.
Tips and warnings
- Regular maintenance will extend the Vita-Mix Blender's longevity.
- Always make sure you keep the exposed electrical parts away from water.
- Smoking or a burning smell often points to a motor, not a blade, issue, This type of repair will often require professional repair. Refer to the user's manual for further assistance.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for