Although the most common form of cigarette consumption in America is prepackaged cigarettes, cigarette rolling still is widely practised. There are several ways for smokers to roll their own cigarettes; hand rolling, machine rolling and tube injecting are a few of these. Typically, machine rollers are electric, only requiring the user to load the tobacco and the paper. Many rolling machines, however, are little more than simple mechanical devices. Create a simple rolling machine that is disposable or reusable with easily accessible materials.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 2 dowels, approx. 3/8-inch diameter (pencils work in a pinch)
- Dollar bill
Tape the ends of the dollar bill together, so as to form a "belt" of sorts. This will be the part of the roller that contacts the tobacco and the rolling paper, so you may want to be sure the dollar is sanitised. A disinfectant spray can be used. Allow the dollar bill to dry completely before proceeding.
Insert the dowels into the dollar bill belt. Situate them so that they are on either end of the loop; the device should look like a tiny conveyor belt.
To use the rolling machine, place your tobacco or smoking material on top of the dollar bill and bring the dowels together over it. Your smoking material should be sort of sandwiched in the dollar bill with the dowels on top. Begin to pull on the dollar bill, while keeping the dowels together and the tobacco tightly compressed in the pocket. The motion of the dollar bill sliding over the dowels should begin to roll the tobacco into a cylinder shape; at this point you should insert the rolling paper into the top so that it will wrap around the material. Continue to use the dollar bill belt to roll the paper around until only the gum strip is sticking out, at which point you should lick the end of the paper and finish rolling the cigarette.
Tips and warnings
- This homemade contraption functions similarly to hand-powered rolling machines that can be bought in smoking shops. The commercially sold versions, however, are much easier to use.
- Cigarette smoking can cause lung cancer, heart disease, emphysema and may complicate pregnancy. Smoke tobacco at your own risk.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for