You can send packages throughout the world from the United States using a shipping company or parcel service. Three options are the United States Postal Service, UPS and FedEx. If you need to send a laptop to India as a gift for a family member or friend, or you need to ship it to a work associate, you can send it and have it arrive in India in under one week in most cases.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Pack the laptop in a box that is suitable for mailing. Purchase a blank box in which you will mail the laptop. Use packing "peanuts" or air packs to fill in the empty space in the box and protect the laptop during transit.
Write the name and address of the recipient on the centre of the box and your return address in the top left-hand corner of the box.
Take the package to your local parcel service. Tell the clerk that you wish to send your package internationally to India. The clerk will weigh and measure your package.
Complete the shipping form and customs form that are provided. The forms will require you to provide the name and address of the recipient, your name and address, the contents of the box, the weight of the package and the value of the contents.
Select a shipping service, pay the shipping and leave your package for mailing. There are a variety of different services that are offered to send a package to India. The quicker the shipping time, the more expensive it will be. The rates for shipping a package to India can range from a little over £26 to over £97.
Tips and warnings
- Consider purchasing insurance for your package so that if it is damaged during shipping you will be able to purchase a replacement. You can determine the amount of insurance that you wish to purchase.
- If you are sending the laptop using the United States Postal Service, you should consider tracking the package in case it gets lost in transit. The "Global Express Guaranteed" delivery option and the "Priority Mail International" delivery option come with package tracking as features of the service. You can also track a package by paying an additional fee for a return receipt or to register the package when you ship it. The fee for sending a package as registered mail is £7.40 and the fee for a return receipt is £1.50.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for