Wireless FM Microphones are electronic transmitters that amplify the user's voice and send it as a signal over FM frequencies to a nearby radio. Most of these microphones are toys meant for children, as the signal is not particularly powerful or clear. The device allows a user to broadcast anything that is said or sung into the microphone to a nearby FM-capable radio. However, the microphone must be set to a channel that is not already transmitting a signal.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Radio with FM capability
- FM wireless microphone
Turn on the FM wireless microphone. Turn on the Radio and set to FM reception. Hold down the main transmitting button on the microphone and begin speaking into the microphone at a fairly loud level.
Cycle through the FM radio stations (it is best to use a radio with a dial rather than one with a "seek" function). Start at the bottom channel and slowly work up through the channels listening for the sound that is being output through the microphone to play on the radio. The microphone signal will come through on the first clear channel with no other broadcast signal.
Stop adjusting the dial when the correct station is found. Set the volume on the radio to the desired level but refrain from turning it to maximum. Turn off the FM wireless microphone when finished.
Tips and warnings
- Use high-performance batteries for longer life so the microphone does not cut out during a performance.
- Never broadcast on someone's radio if you do not have permission to do so from the radio owner.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for