The self cleaning feature on your Maytag oven allows you to clean the inside of your oven without using harsh chemicals or spending any time scrubbing the oven. While this feature is convenient for busy cooks, Maytag recommends hand cleaning your oven often with warm, soapy water and a rag or sponge to reduce the need to run the cycle. The high temperatures used to clean your oven can also cause discolouration, small cracks or a dull finish inside your oven so try to clean up those spills by hand whenever possible.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- Hot, soapy water
Remove all pans and oven racks from your Maytag oven including the grill pan. If your Maytag oven has a temperature probe, remove it as well.
Wet a rag in hot, soapy water. Wring it out until it is just damp and use it to clean the inside edge of the oven door and the first 1 1/2 inches of the oven cavity. These areas will not get clean during the self cleaning cycle.
Wipe any crumbs or other noticeable debris from the bottom of your Maytag oven. Leaving these substances in your oven could cause smoking during the self cleaning cycle and discolouration on the interior of your oven.
Clove the door of you Maytag oven. The self cleaning cycle cannot start until the door is firmly shut.
Set the clock to the proper time, if necessary, with the Clock Set-Start button and the numerical key pad on your Maytag oven's control panel.
Press the clean button to select the desired time of the self cleaning cycle. Pressing the button repeatedly allows you to cycle through the available times which range from 2.5 hours to 4.5 hours. Stop pressing the clean button when you reach the desired time.
Press the Start button on your Maytag oven's control panel. The oven door will lock shut and the self cleaning cycle will begin.
Wait for the self cleaning cycle to complete and for the oven to cool down. The door will remain locked until the oven has cooled.
Tips and warnings
- Open windows and make sure that your kitchen is well ventilated prior to starting the self cleaning cycle on your Maytag oven.
- Choose a shorter self cleaning cycle for a lightly soiled oven and longer cycles for heavily soiled ovens.
- Press the Upper Oven or Lower Oven buttons on your control panel to select the oven you wish to clean if you have a double oven. You cannot clean both ovens on a double oven at the same time.
- Do not touch your Maytag oven during the self cleaning cycle. The high temperatures required for cleaning may cause the exterior of your oven to become extremely hot.
- Keep children out of the kitchen during the self cleaning cycle to avoid injury from burns or fumes released during the cycle.
- Remove all pets and birds from the room prior to starting the self cleaning cycle. Maytag advises that some birds are extremely sensitive to fumes released during the cycle and could become ill or even die if left in the room.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for