A felt pen--also known as a felt-tip penis a writing instrument that looks and writes more like a marker than a pen. The tip of the pen is created with pressed fibres and is filled with quick-drying ink. Felt pens are intended to create marks that cannot be easily removed. If a felt pen is used to mark on wood, removal can be difficult, but not impossible. It is best to remove the felt-pen mark from the wood as soon as you can.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Water-displacing spray
- Cling film
- Liquid dish soap
- Non-oily hairspray
- Paper towels
- Rubbing alcohol
Apply water-displacing spray directly on the felt-pen mark.
Cover the area with cling film and allow it to sit on the wood for 5 minutes.
Dampen a clean sponge with warm water. Add a drop of a liquid dish soap--that does not contain bleach--to the sponge. Rub the soap into the sponge with your finger.
Rub the felt-pen mark with the sponge. Continue scrubbing until the felt-pen mark is no longer visible on the wood.
Spray a non-oily hairspray to the felt-pen mark.
Rub the area with paper towels.
Continue applying the hairspray and rubbing with a clean paper towel until you have removed all traces of the felt-pen mark.
Tips and warnings
- Alternatively, apply rubbing alcohol to a clean cloth and rub the marks until they have been removed.
- Test the felt-pen marks on an inconspicuous area of the wood. If damage or discolouration occurs, discontinue use.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for