A glass table top is an ideal location to create ambience and atmosphere with candles. When lit candles drip or spatter, leaving candle wax stains on the glass table top, the wax must be removed with caution and care to make sure the glass table isn't scratched. Candle wax stains left to sit on a glass table become discoloured as they collect dirt and distract from the visual appeal of the room.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Hair dryer
- Paper towels
- White vinegar
- Clean towels
- Used dryer sheets
Aim the hair dryer at the wax stains on the glass table top. Make sure the dryer is set on low or medium heat. Melt the wax until it's softened.
Wipe up the softened wax with paper towels. Discard paper towels after wiping the wax and use fresh ones so you're not rubbing the wax substance back into the glass table. Remove as much of the candle wax from the glass table as possible.
Pour white vinegar onto a clean towel. Wipe the remaining candle wax stain on the glass table with the vinegar-dampened towel until all the candle wax substance is removed.
Wipe the greasy candle wax residue left on the glass table with a used dryer sheet. The used dryer sheet removes the oily film and leaves the glass clean and shiny.
Tips and warnings
- Place an inexpensive decorative mat beneath candles so they don't spill on the glass table.
- Wipe up candle wax spills promptly, then buff with a used dryer sheet.
- Use caution when cleaning up candle wax as melted candle wax can cause burns.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for