Photoshop CS4 is licensed by Adobe for installation on a maximum of two computers so that you can have the program on your main computer and also edit images on your laptop. You must deactivate one of those copies before you install the program on a different computer. If you are building a new system for home, run the deactivation routine before dismantling the old one.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Adobe Photoshop CS4
Open Photoshop CS4 on the old computer and select "Help > Deactivate" from the main menu toolbar.
In the pop-up panel, select the check box which erases the serial number from the program. This prevents anyone from reusing the program if they use that old computer.
Click the "Deactivate" button in the bottom right hand corner. Click "Yes" in the next window to begin the process. Photoshop signals over the Internet to Adobe and removes the activation associated with that PC.
Install Photoshop CS4 on the new computer using the program discs. Enter the serial number when required. Open Photoshop. It activates automatically, but if you are not connected to the Internet at that time, activate manually using "Help > Activate".
Tips and warnings
- Make sure you have saved all open photos before running "Deactivate".
- Find the original program discs and serial number before removing Photoshop.
- Make sure you copy your files and photos to the new computer before getting rid of the hard disc.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for