There are several benefits to owning a digital piano rather than an acoustic piano. Digital pianos come with a variety of sound features, never have to be tuned and quite lighter than acoustic pianos. This makes digital pianos easier to ship. Although digital pianos are more lightweight, shipping one still requires care and planning.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Bubble wrap
- Packing tape
Disassemble your piano according to the instruction manual that you received with your piano. If you have lost your instruction manual or the packaging material for your piano, disassemble the piano as best you can.
Lay all the parts of the piano flat in the original box, if you have it. If you do not have the original box, pack the piano and its parts carefully in a large box.
Put small hinges and screws from your digital piano into a small plastic bag to be packaged with your piano.
Package each piece carefully with bubble wrap. Tape the box securely. Measure and weigh your package to ensure that it meets weight and size requirements for shipping.
Take your packaged piano to a package shipper if it a small unit. Use a trucking company if you have a larger piano.
Tips and warnings
- Shipping a digital piano by mail can be expensive. If the move is local, move the piano yourself. Most digital pianos are small enough to fit in the back of a van or pickup truck.
- Items being shipped are constantly moved and pushed around. Package your piano so that it will arrive safely at its destination. Ask your shipping service to mark your package as "Fragile."
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for