Although Samsung 300-CLP Series mini personal colour laser printers feature a special front-loading imaging unit design to make switching toner canisters an easy and relatively clean task, the printer itself can collect dust, toner, paper particles or other small debris on exterior surfaces and inside under and around the imaging unit. Regular cleaning is necessary to help the printer run efficiently as any debris can make the back of printouts dirty as well as result in toner specks, vertical lines, smears, and blank spaces.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Lint-free microfiber cloths
- Duster (optional)
Turn off and unplug your Samsung 300-CLP Series printer.
Open the front cover. Grasp the sides of the front cover and flip it down.
Remove the imaging unit. Place a clean piece of paper on a flat surface away from your printer. Grasp the unit’s central bottom handle and pull gently until the unit is approximately halfway out of the printer. Lift the handle from the top of the unit at the back and then—grasping both handles only—pull the unit the rest of the way out of the printer and set it aside on the paper. Cover the unit with another piece of paper to protect it from light exposure.
Wipe the printer’s interior with a soft, damp, lint-free microfiber cloth to remove as much debris as possible. Dry with another cloth and then wait for the interior to dry completely before reinserting the imaging unit.
Re-insert the unit. Remove the piece of paper. Lift the top handle and pick it up the unit. Place your hand beneath the bottom handle and then carry the unit to the printer. Push the unit into the printer carefully until you hear a click and then pull the unit back out slightly. Push back in again until you hear another click to confirm that the unit is sliding evenly. If you hear any type of cracking noises, pull the unit back out and try again.
Close the front cover.
Clean the printer’s exterior surfaces and around and under the printer with a duster and/or damp cloth.
Plug in your printer and turn it on.
Tips and warnings
- Never use solvents such as alcohol or cleaners on your 300-CLP printer as doing so can result in surface discolouration and/or cracking.
- Always move your imaging unit by the handles instead of touching any part of its green surface as touching it can affect print quality.
- Never expose the unit to light for more than the time it takes to set it aside and cover it with paper (typically, no more than two to three minutes) as long light exposure can damage the unit.
- Always squeeze any excess water before wiping printer surfaces (interior or exterior) with a damp cloth as any water that drips into any printer electronics from the cloth can permanently damage the printer. In addition, never set drinks or food on or near the printer as accidental spills can damage it for the same reason.
- Always keep the area around the printer clean of dust and dirt.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for