Persuading people to eat healthy nutritious foods can be a daunting task, but planning ahead simplifies the matter. The primary factor of a healthy lifestyle is what you don't eat rather than what you do eat. By eliminating processed foods from your diet, the body will function the way it should. However, in order to increase vitality, and stay energetic, a healthy lifestyle depends on the foods you do eat.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Effective meal plan
Promote healthy foods rich in flavour, or surround healthy foods with tasty toppings. If people are prone to eating processed foods, chances are they will not change overnight. To ensure an easy transition, add toppings like chilli flakes or feta cheese over vegetables, or put olives in whole-wheat pasta. This will make meals much more appetizing for newcomers, and is the best way to start a string of healthy eating habits.
Lead by example. Encourage the health benefits that come from eating nutritional foods, and share how it changed your life for the better. Emphasise the emotional well being, mental alertness, and overall vitality you have gained from eating healthy meals. Healthy eating should be top priority when motivating people to change their lifestyles.
Build a meal plan that is easy to maintain and understand. Avoid using technical terms and complex recipes. Write down alternatives to meals your friends and family usually eat. For example, instead of breakfast cereal in the morning try oatmeal with brown sugar as the healthy replacement. Once people get into a routine, everything else should become second nature.
Purchase only essential foods at the super market. Packaged products are usually much more expensive than those you prepare yourself. Saving money could be a very good incentive in changing people's attitude toward healthy eating.
Tips and warnings
- Squeeze your own organic orange juice and let your friends and family compare it to store-bought orange juice. The difference is apparent, and is a good starting point if you want people to see the benefits straight away.
- Take your friends and family out to a healthy vegetarian restaurant. Forcing them to choose meals from a menu that only provide nutritious options can lead to a new fascination in healthy eating.
- Try not to over do it with cookbooks and meal plan books. Usually people getting acquainted with healthy foods are not motivated enough to read them. Try creating your own meal plans for friends and family; it will end up being much a more hands-on process, and will be easier to follow.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for