Sometimes it is necessary for Toshiba Satellite laptop owners to access their BIOS settings to make important changes to the way that Windows interacts and operates with the computer's hardware. The BIOS screen, which is short for "Basic Input Output System," also can provide tools for troubleshooting many of the problems that occur. The process for accessing the Toshiba Satellite laptop BIOS screen is easier than with some past models.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Toshiba Satellite
Shut down the computer. Click "Start" and hover over the arrow button located in the bottom-right corner of the pop-up screen. Select "Shut Down" to begin the powering off process.
Restart the computer. Press the power key on the side of the laptop's casing.
Press the "F1" key to be taken to the Toshiba Satellite BIOS screen within a few seconds of powering up. A list of different BIOS management options will be displayed, each with a specific capability. This is where changes and troubleshooting the Satellite laptop through its Basic Input Output System occurs.
Tips and warnings
- Making changes of any kind to a computer's BIOS can lead to instability.
- Back up important documents and files before altering any settings.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for