Wireless printing gives you the power to print to from any place within range of the wireless network. While many of the newest printer models include wireless adaptors, not every printer model has the feature, including the HP Photosmart C4280. You can still enable wireless printing on non-wireless printers like the HP C4280 by connecting them to a wireless router. Through that connection, the C4280 has access to the router’s wireless network and will communicate through it.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Connection cables
- Wireless Internet router
- Internet connection
Connect your HP Photosmart C4280 to your wireless router using either a USB cable or an Ethernet cable, whichever one your wireless router supports.
Click “Start” on your computer. Click “Devices and Printers.” Click “Add a printer.” Choose the option to install a network printer.
Click the HP Photosmart C4280 from the list of available wireless printers that your computer detects after scanning the vicinity. Install the drivers to your computer by giving the computer permission to do so. Download and install the drivers if your printer wizard cannot do it automatically and prompts you to do it manually. Click “Next” when your computer verifies that it successfully installed the drivers.
Assign a nickname to the HP Photosmart C4280 that will help you recognise it quickly from the list of the other printers, such as “Home Office Printer.” Click “Next.”
Indicate whether you want to share the printer with other users. Click “Next.” Check the box to make this your default printer if desired. Click “Finish.” Click “Print a test page” if you would like to do a practice print run.
Tips and warnings
- You can only print wirelessly to the HP Photosmart C4280 when you have a working Internet connection through your router.
- Depending on the model of your wireless router, the connection and set-up process may vary slightly. Consult your router’s user guide if you have trouble completing the set-up.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for