Leg warts can plague their victims through embarrassment and can even reoccur once removed. Warts are caused by a virus know as HPV (human papilloma virus), which has sixty known types. Although warts can be removed through medical treatments, this is often expensive and painful. Trying a natural approach first is inexpensive and can save an embarrassing trip to the doctors office. By using a combination of improved dietary choices and a natural wart remover, it's possible to remove leg warts while in the comfort of your own home.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Duct tape
- Castor oil
- Dandelion flower
- Citrus juice
- Aloe vera
- Super glue
Include sulphur-containing amino acids in your diet through increased consumption of onions, eggs, garlic, citrus fruits such as oranges or limes, and asparagus. According to Health News, "The body uses sulphur to influence hair follicles and promote healthy hair, skin, and nail growth." Changing your diet can help prevent the spread of leg warts and speed recovery. Also consume foods full of antioxidants such as blueberries, as these help in skin repair and immune function as well.
Apply an acidic substance such as vinegar or citrus juice on the wart using a cotton ball. For optimal results, apply a bandage strip to the cotton ball and leave it on overnight. These technique can also be used with Castor oil as well.
Apply aloe vera juice and squeezed dandelion milk to the wart three times per day. Aloe vera helps keep the skin healthy and moisturised, while dandelion milk reduces the size of the wart.
Cover the wart with duct tape or super glue when not applying other treatments. Make sure that the wart is completely covered and cut off from outside air. This serves to impede oxygen flow to the wart, causing it to die and fall off after about three weeks. Duct tape has the advantage of being removable, allowing for the usage of treatments mentioned beforehand. Super glue will stay on until the wart falls off, making it perfect as a simple one-time treatment.
Avoid picking at or touching the warts. If warts are irritated, they can leave behind unsightly scars. Contact with the leg wart may also cause the wart to spread to other areas of the body as well.
Tips and warnings
- Follow the wart treatment regimen meticulously without stopping. Failure to continue treatment will allow the wart to reestablish itself.
- There are other treatment options besides natural cures. Consider using over-the-counter medicine during natural treatment to enhance the chance of removing the wart.
- Avoid skin contact between your wart and other people to avoid spreading the wart virus.
- If natural treatments are not working, and warts are spreading to other parts of the body, then you may have an aggressive case that requires medical attention for treatment. Failure to do so may result in scars and prolonged treatment.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for