If you have an HP Compaq nx6325 Notebook PC, you can easily view online videos or videos stored in your computer on an actual television. The HP Compaq nx6325 has a port, known as an S-video port, that is specifically designed to connect the computer to a TV.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- S-Video cable
Turn off your computer and your TV. Plug an S-video out cable into the HP Compaq nx6325's S-video port. This port is circular, full of holes and located on the right side of the back of your laptop.
Connect the other end of the S-video cable to your TV. This end of the cord has three prongs, one each of white, yellow and red. Connect each prong into the matching TV port.
Turn on your laptop, then click on the "Start" button at the bottom left of the screen. Enter the Control Panel and click on "Display Settings."
Click on "View Multiple Displays" and configure your TV as a second monitor. Adjust your screen resolution to "800 x 600."
Turn on your TV. Play a test video on your computer to ensure that your connection is good and that the picture and sound are working.
Tips and warnings
- Make sure your computer is turned off when connecting the cable.
- Enter into your Control Panel display to adjust the resolution if necessary.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for