Many HP laptops, such as the Pavilion series, come with a built-in memory card reader. One of the most popular card readers installed on HP laptops is the 5-in-1 card reader. These devices can read SD, MMC, MS, MS pro and xD memory card types. This makes the HP an efficient tool for managing media files stored on these cards, such as pictures, music and movies. But before you can begin to explore your files, you first have to insert the memory card into your HP laptop.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- HP laptop with card reader
- Memory card
Align your memory card so that it can be inserted into the memory card slot correctly. In the majority of cases, this will require that the metal pins on the back of the card be pointed down and inserted first into the slot.
Slide the memory card into the slot on the HP laptop.
Continue to press the card into the slot until you hear it lock into place with a click.
Click "View Files" in the dialogue box that opens on your HP laptop.
Tips and warnings
- Do not force the memory card into your HP laptop, as this may damage the slot.
- The above steps are just a guideline. Always follow the specific instructions that came with your HP laptop.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for