It is difficult to write on a calendar that is hanging on a wall. Recycle a corrugated cardboard box to make a calendar stand for your desk. Your calendar will always be visible and readily accessible. Finish the edges of the cardboard to cover the holes. You can then paint the stand to match your office decor.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Corrugated cardboard box
- Spray paint
Measure 10 inches from the corner along one bottom edge of the box. Mark this spot with a pencil. Measure the same distance from this corner along the other two edges.
Use a pencil and a ruler to connect the marks you made on each of the three sides. Use a knife to cut along these lines. You will cut out a shape with three solid triangular sides and one open triangular side. This will be your stand.
Place the shape on the table so the open side faces you. Measure one inch up from the bottom point along one side of the stand. Cut a slit from this point straight down towards the table. The slit should be 1/2 inch deep. Make another slit on the opposite side.
Use a ruler to draw a line from the bottom of the slit to the top of the stand on each side. Cut along these lines to make a sloping surface to hold your calendar.
Spackle edges of the cardboard to create a smooth surface. Spray paint the stand.
Tips and warnings
- Put the stand in a box while you spray paint it to protect the surrounding area from overspray.
- Use spray paint only in a well-ventilated place, and follow all of the manufacturer's directions.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for