Shining clean black or stainless steel appliances with black trim provide an upscale feel to kitchen decor. Keeping these appliances clean is a challenge. The black plastic requires frequent cleaning and easily shows fingerprints and water marks. The ice and water dispenser located in the door is a specific challenge. The buttons and openings on the dispenser are frequently used and susceptible to build-up from hard water stains. You can keep your black plastic water dispenser shining like new with routine cleaning.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Baking soda
- Fresh water
Wipe the dispenser drip area dry with a clean towel. Keep this area dry to prevent water from spilling over and running down the front of the refrigerator and onto the floor. Standing water can also cause mineral deposits to build up on the drip area.
Remove any build-up in the drip tray by filling it with vinegar and allowing it to soak. Wash away the vinegar and build-up with fresh water and dry the drip tray with a clean towel.
Mix 1 tbsp of baking soda with 1 litre of warm water. Use this baking soda solution and a clean towel to wash the dispenser cradle and surround.
Rinse the dispenser cradle and surround well with warm water on a clean towel. Wipe all surfaces dry with a clean towel.
Tips and warnings
- Lock the ice and water dispenser, if equipped, prior to cleaning to inhibit water leaking during the cleaning process.
- Wipe the ice and water cradle, surround and drip area dry with a clean towel daily to prolong the benefits of regular cleaning.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for