When lost in thought in front a computer monitor, it is easy to start honing in on certain parts of text or areas of the screen with an ink or marker pen. If you have ever used your pen as a pointer to help you follow a line of text in a document or online article, there is always the chance the tip of the pen will touch the screen and leave an ink mark.
While ink marks on a flat screen monitor can be a challenge to remove, you can clean the marks if you are careful and do not wait too long. You don't need any special cleaning products to clean ink marks on your flat screen monitor. In fact, chances are you already have everything you need inside your home.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Isopropyl alcohol
- Microfiber towel or old T-shirt
- Bowl or container
Shut down your computer. Unplug your flat screen monitor from the computer and the electrical socket.
Measure out 4 tablespoons of alcohol and 1 tablespoon of water into a bowl or container. Mix the alcohol and water with a spoon.
Dip the tip of an old T-shirt or microfiber towel into the solution. Wet the cloth until it is damp, but not so much that it drips. If the cloth gets too wet, wring it out a little.
Wipe the ink mark on the monitor screen with a damp end of the cloth. Wipe the mark gently to avoid compressing the screen and damaging it.
Dip the old T-shirt or towel into the alcohol and water solution if the tip of the cloth becomes too dry. Continue to clean in the ink mark on the screen until you can no longer see it.
Dry the cleaned area of the screen with a dry portion of the old T-shirt or microfiber towel. Again, don't apply too much pressure when wiping the monitor screen.
Wait 10 to 20 minutes and allow the alcohol and water to completely dry and evaporate.
Plug the monitor in to the computer and the electrical socket.
Tips and warnings
- Clean the ink mark from the computer screen as soon as you notice it. The longer you wait to clean away the mark, the tougher it will be to remove.
- Never turn your monitor back on before the alcohol and water have evaporated or it could cause an electrical short and damage or destroy your flat screen.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for