Whether you're looking to add the finishing touch to a fancy dress costume or want to exude an air of sophistication on your office cigarette break, nothing says fashionable and elegant like a 1920s-style cigarette holder. From elegant black holders in the style of Audrey Hepburn to modern designer versions, there's never been a more stylish way to smoke and avoid unsightly nicotine stains at the same time. But to ensure your look is authentic rather than embarrassing, make sure you've got the technique right.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Cigarette holder of your choice
- Hand-rolled or premade cigarette wide enough to fit the holder
- Cigarette lighter
Gently insert the cigarette inside the hole at the tip of the holder and light.
Grasp the holder between your thumb and index finger approximately 3 inches away from the mouthpiece.
Move your remaining three fingers underneath the holder and raise your middle finger to support the weight. Smoke as normal.
Tips and warnings
- Don't be fooled into thinking that cigarette holders are just for girls. Your local tobacconist will be able to show you a variety of styles to suit the man-about-town.
- Smoking kills. Using a cigarette holder in no way reduces the harmful effects of smoking.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for