A vehicle registration document indicates that your car, van or truck is registered to you. The document includes information about the vehicle such as the make, model, vehicle identification number (VIN), number plate number and start and end dates of the registration period. Most states will send you a notice when your registration is about to expire. Just make sure they have your current address on file.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Go to a local motor vehicle department or licensing office. Check the department's website to find the nearest location. The name of the office varies by state. In Florida, for example, you can go to a local tax collector's office. Most offices are open Monday through Friday, during traditional business hours. Some state offices also let registrants change their address information online. Go to the department's website for instructions on how to do so.
Complete a change of address form. The form requires your name, new address, and driver's license number. Some forms require a social security number and date of birth. The year, make and model of the vehicle, as well as the VIN and plate number, are also required. It's a good idea to bring your current registration so you'll have all the information handy.
To change the address on the vehicle registration, an applicant must present ID to the representative at the local office. If changing the information online, the applicant must put his or her driver's license number into the online change of address form.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for
- Washington State Licensing: Change the address on your vehicle
- Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicle: Ohio's Online Vehicle Registration Address Change Form
- Pennsylvania Bureau of Motor Vehicle: Change of Address
- Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles: Changing Your Address On Your Motor Vehicle Registration (License Plate and Title)
- California Department of Motor Vehicle: Online Change of Address