Break away from the traditional picture frame and display your pictures in a bold and eye-catching manner. Frameless picture frames focus attention on the photograph and provide custom framing for images that may not fit standard frame sizes offered in stores. You can use the frameless framing technique to show off your pictures or artwork in a striking way.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Foam core board larger than picture
- Spray adhesive
- Straight edge
- Craft knife
- Sheet of glass cut to size of picture
- 6 Swiss clips
- Tape measure
- 2 small nails
Attach the picture to foam core board. Spray adhesive onto the back of the picture and the portion of the foam core board onto which you will mount the picture. Carefully lay the picture face up on the area of the foam core board sprayed with adhesive, touching only the edges of the picture to avoid getting oil or grease on the print.
Cut off the excess foam core board around the picture's edges. Hold a straight edge flush against the edge of the mounted picture and drag a craft knife along the straight edge, cutting through the foam core board completely. Repeat this process for all edges where the foam core board is visible.
Place a sheet of glass on top of the picture mounted on foam core board. Line up the corners of the glass with the corners of the picture.
Secure the glass in place. To do this, attach two Swiss clips on each side of the picture.
Hang the picture. Measure the distance between the two holes on the back of the Swiss clips fastened at the top of the picture, and mark off this exact distance on the wall where you plan to hang it. Hammer a nail into place at each end of your wall measurement, and line up the holes on the back of the Swiss clips with the nails in the wall to hang the picture.
Tips and warnings
- A hardware or convenience store will cut your sheet of glass down to the proper size if you are unable to find a piece of glass the exact dimensions of your picture.
- Do not attempt to cut the sheet of glass yourself without proper tools and training.
- Use a craft knife with caution, and keep it out of the reach of small children.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for