Whether you have low, medium or plush carpeting, when you set a piece of furniture on it for an extended period of time, the legs make indents. Then when you move the furniture, the places where the carpet fibres were crushed will clearly show up. You can easily fix the carpet and make it look like new again with a little time and effort.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Steam iron or hair dryer
Brush the carpet fibres in the areas of crushed carpet to help raise them back up, according to Best Carpet Cleaning Guaranteed.
Steam the damaged areas with an iron. Keep the iron 2 to 3 inches above the carpet; do not touch it. Move the iron away from time to time and brush the fibres upwards with your fingers. For acrylic or modacrylic carpet, use a hair dryer set on "warm" instead.
Keep steaming and brushing until the carpet fibres are repaired, according to Best Carpet Cleaning Guaranteed. Allow the carpet to dry thoroughly before you place furniture in that area.
Tips and warnings
- Use casters under furniture legs to prevent areas of the carpet from being crushed again.
- Move the furniture in the room around periodically to avoid this problem.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for