You can customise the Toshiba Tecra A9 laptop by changing settings within the operating system and the basic input/output system, also known as the BIOS. The BIOS is responsible for your hardware interacting with your operating system correctly. To change boot options, change certain hardware settings for your hard drive and memory, and set your system time, enter the Toshiba Tecra A9 BIOS. You can access the BIOS in one of two ways, depending on the software pre-installed on your system.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Turn on your Toshiba Tecra A9.
Open the Toshiba Console or go to “Start” and select “Control Panel.” Choose “HWSetup” to launch the Toshiba Hardware utility.
Change settings within the BIOS and restart your computer once you are finished.
If the Toshiba Console does not exist and you cannot access the Toshiba Hardware utility, turn off your Toshiba Tecra A9.
Restart your notebook.
Press “F2” immediately to enter the BIOS.
Tips and warnings
- Use the Toshiba Console, if possible. Editing BIOS settings is more user friendly than entering the BIOS before your system boots.
- You cannot change the boot order from the Toshiba Console. You must reboot your computer and press “F12” to see the boot options.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for