Chemical weed killers can be a great way to kill weeds, but they can be harmful to the health of humans and pets. There are non-chemical solutions available to kill weeds, including water. Boiling water can kill weeds, and a steamer can be used as a weed killer.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Hand-held steamer or spray bottle
Pour water into a hand-held steamer. A larger steamer can be used, but there is a risk of killing other plants. The smaller steamers are ideal for use as a weed killer.
Plug in the steamer. Use an extension cord to get to all of the garden or lawn.
Spray the weeds with steam. The heat will kill off any plant that is sprayed, so be careful to avoid accidentally spraying plants you want.
Repeat the process until the weeds are gone. Usually it won't take long.
Tips and warnings
- Using a pot of boiling water and a spray bottle can have the same effect as a steamer. Boil the water in the pot, and then pour it into the spray bottle. Spray the weeds immediately with boiling water, being careful to spray only the weeds. The downfall to this method is that the water cools quickly.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for