As age increases, melanin in the hair bulb decreases, causing hair to turn grey. Grey hairs first usually appear near the temples, then spread to the crown and finally to the back of the head. The greying process is usually gradual and cannot be prevented. However, there are ways to get rid of grey hair from the inside out. Having a vitamin and nutrient deficiency can reduce melanin production in the body, so eating foods containing certain vitamins and minerals is beneficial for restoring your natural hair colour.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Whole grains
- Lean meats
- 4 tbsp of yeast
- 245 g (4 cups) plain yoghurt
- Fresh fruit and vegetable juices
- Sunflower seeds
- Fresh amaranth juice
Eat plenty of protein-rich foods such as cereals, eggs, whole grains, soy and lean meats. Consuming protein gives hair natural shine, good texture and can restore pigment.
Use a spoon to mix 4 tbsp of yeast with 245 g (4 cups) of plain yoghurt in a bowl. Eat the mixture daily to treat grey hair. Vitamin B is essential for melanin production.
Drink plenty of water and fresh fruit and vegetable juices. Fresh juices contain antioxidants that protect hair pigments and detoxify the body.
Consume foods containing copper, such as crab, oysters and sunflower seeds. A lack of copper mineral in the body can reduce melanin production and cause grey hair. Eating more foods containing copper will increase melanin production and may get rid of grey hair.
Eat foods rich in iron and iodine, such as carrots and bananas. Carrots are very essential to maintaining healthy hair and blood. Consuming carrots daily can help to restore your natural hair colour.
Inspect your hair after six months for a reduction of grey hairs. If you still have many grey hairs, drink fresh amaranth juice daily. Amaranth leaves prevent greying and help hair retain its natural colour.
Tips and warnings
- Amaranth juice can be purchased at Indian food shops.
- Eating 1 tsp fresh grated ginger mixed with honey daily can treat grey hair.
- Avoid eating foods containing artificial colours and preservatives, as these foods put a strain on your digestive system and can cause dry, brittle hair.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for