Rice is a much-overlooked skin care product. Rice helps to sooth and soften skin, dissipating the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and evening out skin tone. It is also good for fighting blemishes. The widely acclaimed skin care line SK-II uses rice compounds to get its skin care formulas, but you don't have to spend even one-eighth of what an SK-II treatment costs to get the natural skin benefits of rice. Combining rice with other nourishing skin care agents, such as honey and yoghurt, is not just a yummy sounding breakfast---it makes for a luxurious homemade facial mask that rivals the best commercial skin care products.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Spice grinder
- Rice flour
Soak a handful of rice in water, just enough to cover it, in a covered bowl overnight.
Place the soaked rice, and its water, into the spice grinder with a teaspoon of honey and two teaspoons of yoghurt. Blend until smooth.
Apply to the face and neck, leaving for up to 30 minutes before rinsing off with warm water.
Mix a tablespoon of rice flour with a teaspoon both of honey and yoghurt.
Apply to the face and neck.
Rinse off after up to 30 minutes with warm water.
Tips and warnings
- Add any number of natural ingredients to a rice face mask, depending on the desired result. Lemon juice helps to revitalise skin and even out skin tone; avocado nourishes the skin with fatty acids; egg white imbues the skin with essential protein and enzymes; goat's milk helps rejuvenate tired skin.
- Keep a jar of rice soaking in the bathroom cabinet, and use the water as a daily toner, changing the rice and water after every couple of days---the water from soaked rice is close to the famed SK-II facial treatment essence.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for