Presario is the name of a line of desktop and laptop computers manufactured by Compaq. If you own a Presario and find that it is giving you some trouble, it is often a good idea to format your hard drive and start from scratch. Formatting your drive will completely wipe out any viruses that you have accumulated along with clearing your drive of unused files.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Restoration CD
Insert the restoration disc that came with your computer into your CD drive.
Restart your computer. It should now boot up from the CD instead of its hard drive.
Hit the "Enter" key when the blue welcome screen is displayed. Accept the terms and conditions of the licensing agreement.
Press the "Esc" key to bypass the repair screen.
Press the "D" key on the partition screen to delete the current partition on the hard drive. Press "Enter" to create a new partition on the drive.
Format the drive by selecting "Create a partition using the NTFS file system." There are also options to format using the "quick" method and to format using the FAT file system.
Tips and warnings
- You can reach Compaq support at 800-888-0220.
- Using the "quick" formatting option will not do a complete (low-level) format of the hard drive.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for