Many young teens and adults like to experiment with different hair colours. Most parents are never too thrilled about this, especially when the colour is something other than a natural hue. However, to appease both your sense of style and your parents' sense of authority, meet in the middle. Use an all-natural, semi-permanent dye that will give you the colour you want, but wash out by the time school starts. With a few easy products, you can get a purple hue that will last for about one week.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 10 packets of unsweetened "purple" Kool-Aid
- 1 cup blackberry juice, divided
- 1 cup beet juice, divided
- 2 drinking glasses
- Plastic hair cap
Pour at least 10 packets of purple Kool-Aid into a bowl.
Pour enough conditioner into the bowl to make a paste.
Stir the dye with a spoon to ensure that the powder is completely dissolved.
Apply the dye to your head like normal hair dye. Ensure your entire head is thoroughly saturated to get an even colour.
Place a plastic hair cap over your head, and let the colour sit for 10 hours. Because it's not "real" dye, the colour needs a lot of time to set.
Rinse your hair out under lukewarm water without using shampoo.
Purple Kool-Aid Hair Dye
Pour one cup of beet juice into two drinking glasses -- each cup should have a half-cup of juice in it.
Pour one cup of blackberry juice into the same drinking glasses. Each cup should now be filled with a half-cup of beet juice and a half-cup of blackberry juice.
Pour the liquid from one of the glasses into your hair. While sitting in the sun, allow the colour to set for one hour.
Pour the second glass of juice into your hair. Sit in the sun for another hour while the colour sets.
Rinse your hair out with cool water.
Purple Herb Hair Dye
Tips and warnings
- These natural purple hair dyes work best on light-coloured hair.
- Never bleach dark hair to dye it with a natural hair dye -- this will ruin your hair. If you have dark hair, it's OK to bleach it if using a real purple hair dye.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for