It is always a good idea to have a backup of your favourite PS3 games in case you lose the discs or the original becomes damaged. Whatever your reason might be, when burning the games to DVD, always consider copyright laws. Burning your PS3 games to DVD is an easy process that almost anyone can do with the proper hardware, including a computer with a DVD burner and a mod chip for the PS3 console. A mod chip allows gamers to play burnt games on their console.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Computer with DVD burner
- PS3 game
- Blank DVD-R
- Mod chip
- PS3 console
Insert the PS3 game into the DVD drive of your computer. Open the DVD recording software that came with your computer; examples include Nero, ImgBurn and Roxio.
Press the "Record" option to record the PS3 game to your computer. Once the game is transferred, you will have the option to burn the file to a blank DVD.
Select "Burn to DVD." The DVD drive will automatically pop open. Remove the PS3 game and insert the blank DVD. The burn process will automatically start.
Play the game on your PS3 console. If you haven't installed a mod chip, you will have to install one before you can play the game. For more information on mod chips, refer to the Resource section of this article.
Tips and warnings
- A program called Game Copy Wizard is becoming popular with software "pirates." This program will allow gamers to copy discs without a modchip. However, to avoid a possible lawsuit, burning your game onto your computer and then using a mod chip is the best bet, at least for now.
- Installing a mod chip can void the warranty on your game console.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for