Blackheads are oil, dirt and sebum that get trapped in pores and then harden. Blackheads most often occur on the nose, chin and forehead. Regular face-washing and exfoliating can help prevent blackheads. Dermatologists can perform chemical peels to help treat blackheads and other acne problems, but most insurances don't cover the procedure. Try a simple home remedy to get rid of unsightly blackheads.
Things you need
Exfoliating face cleanser
Wash your face with an exfoliating face cleanser. Scrub in circular motions, paying particular attention to the area in which you have deep blackheads. This will help remove the dead skin that keeps the blackheads trapped in your pores.
Fill a large pot with hot water and place on the stove. Turn the burner on high, and wait for the water to boil. Remove the pot from the water, and put your face close to the steam. Take care not to burn yourself. Place the towel over your head from the back to keep the steam on your face. The steam will help to loosen the blackheads and make them easier to remove. Stay in the steam for 10 minutes.
Mix 4 tsp baking soda with 1 cup mineral water. Apply the baking soda paste to your entire face, and let sit for 10 minutes. The baking soda will help draw impurities out of the skin, including the dirt and debris from blackheads. Rinse well with warm water to remove the paste.
- For best results, treat blackheads as soon as they appear. If you are not successful in removing blackheads at home, consult a dermatologist.
- Do not squeeze blackheads, as this can cause painful, deeper sores. Do not use your fingernails to pick at blackheads since bacteria from your nails can cause infection.
Tips and Warnings
- For best results, treat blackheads as soon as they appear.
- If you are not successful in removing blackheads at home, consult a dermatologist.
- Do not squeeze blackheads, as this can cause painful, deeper sores.
- Do not use your fingernails to pick at blackheads since bacteria from your nails can cause infection.
Things you need
- Exfoliating face cleanser
- Large pot
- Baking soda
- Mineral water