The black rings around the burner on glass top electric stoves are baked-on grime. Removing these dirty rings from your cooktop surface without damaging your stove can be difficult, but you can safely clean the stove by following the proper steps and using the right cleaners.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Commercial glass top electric stove cleaner
- Lint-free cloth
- One-sided straight razor
Check your stove's manual for a recommended cleaner. Each manufacturer recommends a certain brand of cleaner for safe and effective care and upkeep. Using the suggested commercial cleaner will give you the best results.
Clean your stove according to the directions on the commercial cleaner bottle. Before escalating to more intensive measures to remove stubborn stains, attempt to clean your stove according to the instructions from your stove's manufacturer.
If the black ring is not removed by the commercial cleaner, try using a razor blade. Place the flat side of the blade against the stove. Hold the razor at a slight angle and carefully scrape the stain. Avoid scratching your hob by keeping the sharp end facing up.
Clean any remaining residue using the commercial stove cleaner.
Tips and warnings
- Some manufacturers sell cooktop scrapers as cleaning accessories. Use these instead of razors for safer cleaning.
- Allow your stove to cool before attempting to clean it.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for